Saturday, January 5, 2013

Favorites of 2012

I am such a follower.

Most of the blogs I read have put up "Best of 2012" posts. Which, of course, means I have to do one too. Except I don't really have enough readers to be able to gauge which recipes have been my most popular ones. In addition to being a follower, I am also self-absorbed. Which means that my "Best of 2012" posts are of the recipes that I liked best each month. It was tough to decide some months while others it was clear.

Here is the yearly roundup.

1. Curried Ketchup - Proclaimed as the "best thing I have ever made!" Seriously. It's delicious and the simplest thing I have ever made.

2. Crustless Apple Pie - I make this over and over again, especially since it is something I can put into the slow cooker.


3. Sweet Potato, Apple, and Celery Salad - One of the many positive things to come out of last year's many detoxes is this awesome salad.


4. Buttermilk Quick Bread with 10 Variations - This recipe made it on the list simply because of its many variations. It is one of those great recipes that you can adapt to any flavor, whip up quickly, and bring to a potluck.


5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip - This dip is seriously awesome. Despite its bean-i-ness, I have yet to serve this dip to someone and them not love it.


6. Chicken Meatball Soup - It is not often I eat, make, or post a recipe containing meat, but this turned out to be a pretty good soup recipe.


7. Zucchini Pancakes with Sauteed Corn - How could this one not make it to the list given my affinity for farmer's markets? This is the quintessential summer time recipe.


8. Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal - Chocolate and peanut butter for breakfast? Yes, please. 


9. Warm Summer Vegetable Slaw - Another great farmer's market recipe!


10. Moroccan-Inspired Butternut Squash Quinoa - This is one recipe that I swore would go on repeat. I have yet to make it again, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. It was delicious!


11. Peppermint Patty Bars - This recipe uses this year's most favorite new ingredient, dates! It tastes indulgent, but is quite healthy. 


12. Tofu Nuggets - Nuggets dipped in BBQ sauce. Need I say more?



Shout Outs to:
Black Bean Brownies
Slow Cooker Bread
Galettes Two Ways

No comments:

Post a Comment