Enter the quick and easy veggie meal.
Isn't it pretty? It's also quick and easy....just the way I like my
I'm not sure there's really anything else to say besides EAT THIS NOW!
Zucchini Pancakes with Sauteed Sweet Corn
Keywords: entree snack vegetarian zucchini corn
Ingredients (8 - 10 medium-sized pancakes)
- 1 large zucchini, shredded*
- 1 large red onion, divided in half*
- 1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese (can also use Parmesan)*
- 1/2 - 3/4 c whole wheat flour (depends on consistency)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- splash of milk
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed from cob*
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Grate half of the red onion and chop the other half.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with the exception of the chopped onion, corn kernels, and red pepper flakes.
3. Combine pancake mixture well, adding more flour to soak up any additional liquid the zucchini may give off.
4. Heat two pans with olive oil. In one pan, add the red onion with salt and pepper. Saute until onions are soft and starting to brown. Once browned, add corn and red pepper flakes. Season again to taste. Let corn saute.
5. In the second pan, heat up or spray with olive oil. Use a 1/4 cup measure, add pancake batter to the pan, being sure to flatten slightly with the edge of your cup. Do not crowd the pan! Only three to four pancakes at a time.
6. Allow pancakes to cook for a minute or two until bottom is firm. Flip and brown on the other side.
7. Serve pancakes topped with corn or applesauce or (the way Jerry likes it) with everything in your fridge.
Powered by Recipage
*denotes that these items are locally produced