Well, when you have a half dozen cans of pumpkin just sitting in your pantry and they continue to be sold for $1.25/ can, how can you not continue to indulge in pumpkin? How can you not still be craving little mini pumpkin pies in cupcake form? Do you hate puppies and kittens too? Come on!
These are essentially mini-pies in cupcake form. They are best eaten after being chilled, but can definitely be gobbled up at room temperature. They were pretty quick to come together and are relatively low in sugar compared to regular cupcakes and pies.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert pumpkin pie
Ingredients (12 mini pies!)
- 2/3 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c sugar (or a Truvia/sugar mix) - you can add more sugar if that's your preference
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c evaporated milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice
3. Add pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk until well combined.
4. Fill each muffin cup with approximately 1/2 cup of batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan. They will sink as they cool.
6. Chill cupcakes before serving.
Powered by Recipage