Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolutions

What is a new year if you don't put down some resolutions, right?

Deciding on my new year's resolutions was a slightly different experience this year. Usually, my resolutions are a laundry list of judgments on things that I could be doing more of or less of or better. Meh, I skipping that shit this year. This year, my resolutions are going to have a slightly different tone to them (I hope).

Put your seat belts on, kiddos. This is going to be a hippie-dippy love fest.

I want to deepen my meditation and yoga practice. These are two things that I have grown such a great appreciation for. They are two of the best ways to take care of myself, not just physically, but emotionally and spirituality.  I know. I just referred to my spirituality. Tie-dyed t-shirts, here I come! Yoga and meditation are two things that I want to invest more time in this coming year.

I want to be conscious of complacency and fear. I see how complacency and fear left me feeling stuck, unsatisfied, and disappointed these last few years. It kept me from taking chances. I want to be mindful of getting out of my own way and of taking more chances. This will be especially important as a I finish up my yoga teacher training and will need to find clients/classes to teach.

I want to be more accepting. I am really friggin' hard on myself sometimes. In fact, it can be so bad that I end up not liking myself. This year, I want to focus on accepting me, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I also want to accept where I am in the present moment instead of focusing on mistakes that have already been made or problems that may arise in the future. Neither of those are things that I can change. But, what's right here and now...well, that's a different story.

I want to be more organized. Here's a familiar looking one, right? While I have managed to be a somewhat organized person, you need to look no further then my car to see that it could still use some work. This also includes things like finances, which I'm pretty good at, but will need to improve even further as I approach the new experience of living alone for the first time.

I want to allow myself to heal. While I haven't gone into any great detail, this year did not end the way I thought it would. Even though I am excited about all of the new and impending ventures, my heart has been through a lot this year. So often, I try to hurry up and get through with whatever mending process is needed. I get up and run before I've really gotten use to walking. I see now that it just leaves me with a limp. No more limping this year.

I want to travel. Duh. Who doesn't want to travel? I'm writing this down simply because I want the Universe to know that this is on my agenda. Are you picking up what I'm laying down, Universe?

I'm sure this is an ever-changing and expanding list.  But for now....that'll do, pig. That'll do. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment