The problem with two cooks in the kitchen is that we come up with original recipes on a regular basis. Which doesn't initially seem like a problem. Except we never seem to have the same meal twice. Even meals that we really enjoy.
This is a meal that we said we would make again. That we talked about how good it was the entire time we ate. That we actually saved the scraps of our bowls so we could have them for leftovers.
This meal will be put on repeat. Oh yes. It will.
Moroccan-Inspired Butternut Squash Quinoa
Keywords: roast entree vegetarian butternut squash quinoa apples fall winter
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c quinoa
- 2 c water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/3 c raisins
- cinnamon, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- smoked paprika, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Roast butternut squash on an oiled baking sheet with salt and pepper for 45 to 50 minutes, flipping half way through.
3. Meanwhile, place quinoa with 2 cups of water over medium high heat. Simmer for 15 to 18 minutes.
4. While everything else cooks, saute onions and apples over medium heat until soften. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add raisins.
5. Once everything is done cooking, flavor quinoa with the cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, and cayenne, tasting as you flavor.
6. Top quinoa with squash and onion mixture. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage