However, I went to the farmer's market with a particular recipe in mind. Parsnip-Rosemary Muffins. Parsnip. In muffins. Doesn't that sound like the most amazing idea ever? Okay, okay, fine, I'm sure that chocolate and peanut butter in muffins sound much more amazing, but I love parsnips! And I love rosemary. Can you see how putting the two together would equal excitement?
This week's roundup:
1 head of garlic - $1.25
1 bunch of kale - $2.00
1 bunch rosemary - $1.50
7 Bosc pears - $2.25
6 large parsnips - $3.00
These muffins were quite good if parsnip and rosemary are your thang. This recipe could easily be made into a bread loaf too.
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast snack vegetarian parsnips rosemary
Ingredients (1 1/2 dozen)
- 1 3/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c apple sauce
- 1/4 c brown rice syrup or sweetener of your choosing
- 1 c plain fat free yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 large parsnips, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together until combined.
3. Add all wet ingredients except grated parsnips and rosemary. Combine well.
4. Add in parsnips and rosemary. There are a lot of parsnips in this muffin!
5. Fill muffin tins 1/2 way with batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and muffin top bounces back when pushed.
6. Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Enjoy toasted with butter!
Powered by Recipage