Friday, October 12, 2012

Namaste, Bitches.

I've done it. I'm taking the plunge.
No, I'm not engaged and I'm not pregnant.
I am even better then those things! I'm a yoga teacher. Yay!

Okay, okay, I'm not quite a yoga teacher yet. But I will be soon.

The plunge I am taking is into a 200-hour yoga teacher training with my favorite yoga studio, The Yoga Room in Astoria, starting this Friday.

I love yoga. I've been practicing for over 7 years now and I'm always amazed at what a difference yoga makes in my life. Besides the physical affects of feeling more fit, lean, and flexible, yoga also has an amazing impact on my mind as it reduces my anxiety, calms me down, and makes me more midnful.

Over the last few years, becoming a yoga teacher has become more and more appealing to me. I had just discussed what a life-changing experience it would be when my old yoga studio in Astoria sent out an e-mail annoucing its next 200-hour teacher training. I took it as a sign. Isn't that very yogi of me?

So I applied! With much anxiety. It's quite the commitment. It's two weekends a month on Friday evenings and all day on Saturday and Sundays for four months. In addition to the actual teacher training, I also need to practice at the studio at least three times a week. Eek!

As the days have ticked down to its actual start date, my anxiety has started to increase. Will I have the time? Will I be in shape enough? Will I be passing out every three hours from hypoglyemia?! Just kidding, Mom.

Now that it's finally here, I am really excited....and slightly overwhelmed. Here's to the next step in this crazy adventure.

Namaste, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment