Friday, October 19, 2012

Coffee or Tea

I am not a coffee drinker. Even though I really, really want to be a coffee drinker. I looooooovvvvveee coffee.

What I don't love about coffee are the accompanying crack shakes and immediate bathroom needs that frequently follow its ingestion. Have I shared too much? Coffee will make me jittery and jumpy for hours. In fact, it actually makes me feel like I'm hypoglycemic!

What makes this star-crossed love affair with coffee even more challenging is when it's all made PUMPKIN FLAVORED! You're just mean, Universe!

Have you missed all the pumpkin-flavored coffees everywhere? Are you in living under a rock? Because they're EVERYWHERE!
For ha-ha's, I invegistated whether there was any nutritional differences in regular coffee compared to my strongly desired pumpkin flavored varieties in feeble attempt to knock the cravings out of me.

Shockingly, there is quite a difference! A Dunkin' Donuts large pumpkin coffee has 210 calories compared to a regular coffee which only has 10! The Starbuck's Pumpkin Spiced Latte, even if it's made with fat-free milk, still has 7 grams of fat! What?!

Shockingly, this do not knock the cravings right out of me! What it did do was motivate me to create my own non-withdrawal symptom inducing, all-natural Pumpkin Spiced Latte.

Success!

Pumpkin Spiced Latte (with Coffee or Tea)

by Bonnie Graham
Keywords: beverage pumpkin fall

 

Ingredients (2 servings or 1 large cup)
  • 1 c brewed coffee or chai tea
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • dash ground clove, optional
  • OR you can add a tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • sweetener of choice, to taste
Instructions
1. Brew your coffee or tea.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Heat milk/pumpkin/spice mixture until it is very hot, about a minute and a half in the microwave
3. Pour coffee/tea mixture into a high speed blender. Blend on high until mixture is fully incorporated and frothy.
4. Top with pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment