Friday, October 26, 2012

Snacky Snack

I have a goal to never puke on my yoga mat. I think it's a good goal. It's something that's generally frowned upon in the yoga community.

When my Yoga Teacher Training started two weekends ago, I knew I needed to come up with some light, healthy snacks that were portable, good on the blood sugar, and wouldn't make me want to hurl in the middle of my Downward Facing Dog.

What I came up with were this cookies, inspired by Dr. Oz. Dr. Oz has started to make a strange appearance in our household lately. Mostly because Jerry has decided he is a middle-aged housewife who just loves Dr. Oz.

I have to admit, his show can be pretty engaging. Especially since he often tauts a lifestyle we already live, which includes a non-processed, whole foods diet with plenty of physical activity. You can keep this recipe in line with that philosophy by using plant-based protein powder and unrefined sugar.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cookies

by Bonnie Graham
Cook Time: 10 - 12 minutes
Keywords: bake snack vegetarian oats peanut butter

Ingredients (12 cookies)
  • 1/3 c natural peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsp sucanat (unrefined sugar)
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 c oats
  • 2/3 c ground flaxseed meal
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional)
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together eggs, sucanat, applesauce, peanut butter and vanilla.
3. Add protein powder, oats, flax meal, salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice, if using.
4. Drop spoonfuls dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment