Sunday, July 8, 2012

Muffinhole

After college, I went through a blueberry muffin phase. Every Sunday, I'd wake up and make a dozen blueberry muffins that were meant to be my breakfast for the coming week.

They usually didn't last past Tuesday morning.

How often to you make a dozen muffins, but don't actually want a dozen muffins? Then end up eating a dozen muffins because....you know, you just happen to have a dozen muffins! This is why I love the following recipe! If you have a bum pancreas (or a diet that doesn't include ingesting mass amounts of baked goods), this recipe is perfect for you. It's single serving sized!


Lately, I've been crushin' on lemon and blueberries (in addition to all my other recent food obsessions). And with having a fancy schmancy new dishwasher in my lovely new kitchen, the hassle of baking is no longer! Because usually when I bake, I end up with more dirty dishes than I do muffins. Now, I can pile all the dishes into the dishwasher while shoving blueberry muffin into my piemuffinhole!

Lemon-Blueberry Muffin For One

by Bonnie Graham
Keywords: bake bread breakfast snack berries lemon coconut oil


Ingredients (1 delicious muffin)
  • 3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (or whatever you have)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 salt
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil (or other light oil)
  • 1 packet Truvia or 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 1/2 tsp lemon extract
  • 2 tbsp blueberries, fresh or frozen
Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Bake in a lightly greased ramekin or muffin tin for 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. I may need to try this... 1st I should really get central air.

    ReplyDelete