Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dear Diabetes Educator,

Yes, this is a real e-mail that I actually sent to my Diabetes Educator*. She thinks I'm insane, but mildly amusing.

Hi Mary Joan,

It's Bonnie here again with even more questions!

Well, really, just one for now. I've been having pretty bad night sweats in the middle of the night. To the point, where I will wake up and my clothes and bed linens will be saturated. I woke up one night and tested and was in the 100s. I was doing some googling and came across a few things that suggested that it could be related to my insulin dosage before bed. Could that be possible?

Any thoughts? I would like to be able to blame my diabetes for this one rather then face the fact that I sweat like a 400 lb truck driver!

Hope to hear from you soon,
Bonnie

*A Certified Diabetes Educator is a health care professional (usually an RN) who is specialized and certified to teach people with diabetes how to manage their condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment