Monday, March 5, 2012

Tapeworm

I believe I have one.

Mostly because I have an obsessive need to eat. I can't help it. It just happens. Before I know what I'm doing, I'm shoving food in my face! AND I'M NOT EVEN HUNGRY! It's almost like those people who take Ambien and start sleep-eating.

Except I don't take Ambien. And I'm fully conscious. But definitely similar.

Eating constantly without having an actual tapeworm does some very negative things to one's body. These are thing that I'm beginning to notice, like the uncomfortable way my thighs rub together or adjusting my jeans to allow for my muffin top to spill over the top of my jeans. So sexy.  My clothes are fitting a little too snugly. My energy levels are too low. I'm having less and less confidence. And I'm just generally feeling unhealthy. Even though it's just a few pounds, a few pounds really does make a difference.

In attempt to ween myself off "the junk(food)," I will be starting that long awaited detox. Which, ironically, is a food detox. I know. You're thinking "Hold on there, sister! You're detoxing from food by eating more food?" Yes. I am. Isn't it wonderful?

For this detox, I will be avoiding all processed food or beverages (which shouldn't be hard), added sugar (might be a little difficult), dairy, gluten, caffeine, and alcohol (let's call the whole thing off!). For the first week, I'll  be eating 
fruits, vegetables, and plant-based fats, including nuts, seeds, and oils. That shouldn't be too hard (except for that whole no booze thing) since this is essentially my diet anyway! If you're interested in following the same detox plan (and I know you are), you can do so here at Wholeliving.com. 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Nice blog. You might like my recent post about my current favorite gadget - a jar key. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/useful-kitchen-gadget-jar-key.html

    ReplyDelete