Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Our House

I am not a romantic person.  I don't believe in fairy tales. A relationship is something you work at for happiness. I'm not one of those girls who have been waiting for Prince Charming and planning her wedding since she was 5. It's just not me.

With that said, I do still have a vag (as in vagina). I may get sentimental from time to time. Jerry might even describe it as hormonal, but I think that's a little exaggerated. Don't you? Well.....don't you?!

The other night, he and I were driving home from my parents' house when the song "Our House" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash came on. Jerry announced that this was his favorite song from when he was five and turned it up. It's a song that we all think we know the words to only to realize that there is more to it then "Our house is a very, very fine house." And that there's only two "very's" and not the three hundred we squeeze in there.

The next lines of the song is "With two cats in the yard./Life used to be so hard/Now everything is easy 'cause of you." Listening to the song, I let out an  "Awwww," paused and followed up with "With two cats in the yard!" Jerry pointed out the other (actual) sentimental piece of the song, which is that life use to be hard, but was easier now that they were together.

I let his comment sit with me a moment.

Then, I busted out laughing, realizing that tears had actually began to form in the corner of my eyes. I suddenly felt an odd connection to those lyrics. Of "our house" with our two cats and my life seeming so much easier because Jerry's in it. Okay, fine! Maybe I was mildly hormonal!

This is basically my long-winded, not exactly connected way of telling the few readers I have that Jerry and I are moving in together! Yay! The process has already started with the end in sometime in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment