Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring on a Spoon

I have manage to find a recipe that is the closest thing to eating spoonfuls of Spring that I have ever tasted. With the exception of eating grass. Which I don't recommend. Smoking it on the other hand........

One of the reasons I chose my current detox is because it had recipes that looked pretty delicious. One of which was this Minty Pea Dip. It seemed fairly straightforward, simple and could easily be made from the overabundance of frozen peas in my freezer. I swear I buy frozen peas like I'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse. Which doesn't really make any sense since I probably won't have freezer access with it being an apocalypse and everything.

But I digress. Back to peas.

This dip is intensly pea-flavored. So you should only really eat this dip if you likes peas. Because it's made of mostly all peas.

Did you get that?

That there are peas in this dip?


Instagram
Don't worry...the dip doesn't actually look that dark and depressing

Minty Pea Dip
Serve with veggies or crackers

Ingredients
3 cups frozen green peas
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 tablespoons tahini
Coarse salt and pepper

Method
  1. Cook peas in salted boiling water until tender, 1 minute. Transfer to an ice-water bath; drain.
  2. Pulse peas in a food processor with mint, lemon zest and juice, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and tahini.
  3. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment