Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Challenge Accepted!

I love challenges! Especially ones that I assign to myself!

Here's my 30-day...well, really 29...ok, let's just say February challenges! Obviously, I'm giving myself two challenges. Because one isn't challenging enough! Duh.

The first of my challenges is a Lunchbox Challenge! I've been pretty underwhelmed with my lunches as of late. It's probably what keeps me grazing in the communal kitchen and snack cabinets at work all day. The challenge is to make myself interesting, healthy lunches throughout the month of February and share them with you on a weekly basis. These lunches will have be well-rounded, fit into a low-carb diet, and look pretty. Because who wants to eat ugly food?

The second challenge is a 30/29 Days of Exercise Challenge. Now, let me clarify. This is not 29 days of me going to the gym every day. I think that would be overkill, even for me! But it is 29 days of activity, whether it be the gym, yoga, going for a walk, running up and down the stairs 20 times, whatever. Just something to keep active.

BONUS CHALLENGE! Because, really, what's the point of having a challenge if there's not a bonus challenge?! I would like to start my mediation practice. And, yes, I am a granola-munching hippie.  I had started a meditation practice a few months ago and found it really helpful. I have since lost consistency with it but would like to get back on track.

I'm not sure what happens if I don't meet expectations in my challenges.

Slap bet, maybe? -- How I Met Your Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment