Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekly Roundup

Okay, so I can't say the Lunchbox Challenge and Exercise Challenge went any better this week then it did last week. I only really made one thing for lunch this past week, but liked it so much, I ate it again and again. Plus, I had some yummy leftovers from Super Bowl which helped me throughout the week.

I was able to exercise 5 out of the 7 days this week, using several workouts from BodyRock.tv. They're really intense and not always "workout at home" friendly, but have definitely had me feeling sore the next day. The best part? They're only 12 minutes!

However, I can't say that my eating has muched improved or that I'm feeling any healthy/thinner. And I've had a really low low and a really high high in the last two days. Bleh.

In good news, I think I may have found a detox plan that I'm going to try next month! Yay! For now, here's my kick as Peanut Asian Salad that I enjoyed throughout the week.



Peanut Asian Salad

Ingredients
1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
1 large red pepper, sliced
1 large carrot, shredded
2 scallions, sliced, only green parts (optional)
2/3 c edmame
1/3 c peanuts

Peanut Dressing
1 - 2 garlic, minced
1 tsp grated ginger
1/2 c peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/4 - 1/3 c vegetable broth (depends on how thick or thin you want the sauce to be)
1 - 2 tsp srichacha (optional)
1 tsp sesame oil
canola oil
salt and pepper

Method
1. Add all the veggies to the bowl.
2. Place garlic cloves into a food processor or blender. Blend until garlic is minced. Grate ginger into processor.
3. Add all of your ingredients and blend until thoroughly combined. You can choose to add a little more broth to thin it out.
4. Add desired amount of dressing to veggies and toss well.

No comments:

Post a Comment