Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fatkiditis: A Clinical Diagnosis

For the last few weeks, I've been hit with a case of Fatkiditis. I'm actually pretty disgusted with myself. My pants are fitting a little tighter and I have an uncontrollable urge to devour everything in sight. It's becoming a real problem!

I thought I'd share more information on this devastating disease.

Symptoms of Fatkidits may include but are not limited to:
  • A constant need to consume, even when you are beyond full and feel another bite would push you over the edge
  • Obsessive thoughts on when and what you will be eating at your next meal; this is an especially strong indicator when you have not yet completed the meal you are currently consuming
  • Decisions on social engagements are based on menu options
  • Vacations are planned around eating establishments and meals
  • Frequent questioning of others who have returned from a vacation or other social engagement (i.e. weddings, etc.) about what they ate and how the food was 
  • Attraction to other people who would also qualify for this diagnosis
  • Dislike of those who would not qualify -- Who likes a picky eater?!
  • Strong Indicator-- you have a food blog!
Fatkiditis is possibly contagious and may also affect animals. Jackson purrs every time I open the refrigerator door. Coincidence? I think not. 

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no cure. I am offering free evaluations for any concerned parties but, obviously, you will have to buy me dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment