Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Spring Cleaning Come Early!

I am taking the opportunity of the new year to clean out the draft box of GBP (Goodbye Pancreas...keep up, kids). I have over 100 posts written, waiting for their day in the GBP spotlight. Yet, forlorn, they sit in the draft box, losing seasonal appropriateness with each new recipe I post.

I have posts from last snowboard season.  I have posts from my trip to Mexico! I have posts written about Jerry that I never posted. Eek -- I said his name. You thought he was forever banished from this blog, didn't you? :) I have a shit ton of posts from when my pumpkin obsession took over and I made EVERYTHING pumpkin for a solid month.

Well, no more, I say!

I'm going to get some of these posts out of the draft box and onto the blog. This week, I will be inundating you with pumpkin recipes despite the fact that the autumnal window as since passed. You'll have to deal.


Pumpkin Pie Oat Bran for 1
Adapted from the Peas and Thank You Cookbook

Ingredients
1/4 c pumpkin
1/4 c water
1/2 c milk plus 1 - 2 tbsp
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I like my pumpkin dishes spicy!)
pinch of salt
1 - 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice
1/3 c oat bran

Method
1. Combine all the ingredients through to your choice of sweetener in a medium pot. Cover and bring to a low boil over medium heat.
2. Stir in oat bran and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Optional - Pour contents of pot into a small blender and add the extra tablespoons of milk. Blend until mixture is desired consistency.
4. Top with your choice of nut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment