Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sayonara 2011!

Dear 2011,

I'm not sure if you recall my particular dislike for your predecessor, 2010, but that was a really tough year. You started with me still needing time to recover from the shock of...well, everything that happened in 2010, that stupid douchebag.

This year, I spent a lot of time second guessing myself, my decisions, and those around me. However, as we come to the end of you, I don't have that anger and bitterness I once did. In fact, I find myself in a far better place then where I had once been. I'm actually...happy. It's a nice feeling.

But, I have to say, 2011, you weren't easy. While I could easily dwell on all the negatives, like rough times at work and the end of my relationship, I realize that there has been a lot more positive things to come into my life. That I needed those bumps in the road to regain my sense of self, to start new relationships, and be where I am right now. You brought some sorrow and anxiety to my life, 2011, but you also brought me awesome new friendships and reminded me of the love I have for all of my old ones.

As I start 2012, I am hopeful that things will only go up from here.

And if you put the word in for me, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment