Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Double-Dip.

I have mentioned my love of sauces a few times before. This love also extends to dips, which is really just a less wet version of sauce. I love dips so much, I'm giving you two...yes, two! recipes for the post of one!

Here is my approach to dips. Pay attention, it is epic! I do not believe in wussy dipping! No, my friend! If you're going to dip something (bread, chip, cracker, finger), then you really need to dip that motherfucker.

Case in point. Notice the amount of spread on that cracker.

Impressive, I know!
Make sure you are tasting that dip! Don't be shy! And there's no shame in double-dipping. You can be courteous and dip the other side, but double dipping is totally allowed!

Here's one of my new favorite dips that is super simple. I have heard it referred to as "Poor Man's Caviar." I'm not really sure how this anything like caviar since I don't have the need to wipe my tongue clean after eating it, but okay.

It may look like a bowl of poo, but it's really good!
Roasted Eggplant Dip

Ingredients
1 large eggplant, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
1 - 2 garlic cloves
1/4 to 1/3 c olive oil
1 handful parsley, chopped
salt and pepper

Method
1. Roast eggplant in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes, flipping half-way through. Make sure to oil the pan well so that the eggplant crisps up and doesn't stick.
2. Let eggplant cool.
3. Add eggplant to food processor. Add the garlic clove into food processor as well.
4. Process while slowly adding oil until dip reaches desired consistency.
5. Add parsley and pulse a few more seconds to incorporate. Enjoy!

Want a Baba Ganoush recipe? Okay, here it is.


Baba Ganoush

Ingredients
1 large eggplant, chopped into 1/2 inch chunks, skin on
1 - 2 garlic cloves (or a few sprinkles of garlic powder if you don't want too strong a garlic taste)
2 tbsp mayonnaise (Mayonnaise?! Yes, mayonnaise. Read the ingredients on Tribe label. It's there!)
2 tbsp tahini sauce
1/4 c olive oil
salt and pepper

Method
1. Roast eggplant in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes, flipping half-way through. Make sure to oil the pan well so that the eggplant crisps up and doesn't stick.
2. Let eggplant cool.
3. Add all the ingredients to the food processor with the exception of the oil. 
4. Process while slowly adding oil until dip reaches desired consistency. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment