Monday, June 6, 2011

It's My Party....

And I'll shoot insulin if I have to.

I threw myself a little birthday celebration this weekend to commemorate me entering the final year of my 20's. ::sniffle, sniffle:: I thought I'd share the birthday menu!

The Birthday Menu

Dips and Spreads
Roasted Eggplant Dip
Watermelon-Feta Bruschetta
Tomato-Mozzarella Bruschetta
Yum Sauce with fresh veggies
Romesco Sauce with Roasted Baby Potatoes

Appetizers
Cheese plate with fresh fruit (Brie, Gouda, Cheddar)
Turkey meatballs with Tomato Sauce and Pesto
Mini pizzettes with onion, goat cheese, and prosciutto

Desserts
Mini Lemon-Raspberry Cupcakes
Mini Brownies

Drinks
Dirty Pickle Martinis - my new drink for the summer! - which eventually turned into Dirty Bloody martinis (a combination of bloody mary and dirty pickle martini), courtesy of Jerry's twisted mind.
Plenty of wine and beer

Everything was very yummy! I'll be posting recipes and pictures of each homemade menu item in the coming weeks! But here's one to hold you over....

Watermelon-Feta Bruschetta

Ingredients
1/4 fresh watermelon
1/4 - 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
handful of mint, chopped thin
salt and pepper
~3 tbsps olive oil
1/4 cup prosciutto (optional)

Method
1. Cut watermelon in 1/4 inch cubes.
2. Add crumbled feta, chopped mint, salt, and pepper. Toss together. Add proscuitto if using.
3. Add oil to bruschetta as a drizzle, tossing often. Serve with crackers or crostini.

No comments:

Post a Comment