Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy New Year!

Today is the start of my new year.

Sure, I wrote a post for the start of the first real year, but whatever. There are no rules on this blog. It's anarchy!

If I had a $1 for every time I have said or had said to me "This has been a rough year," I would have my car paid off and probably part of my student loans.

Yes, this year has been hard. I had an unexpected end to a relationship that left me devastated. Only to have an unexpected beginning of a new relationship that gave me a sense of happiness, confusion, and fear. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness that no one would have saw coming. I have questioned myself. I have lost faith in who I am. I have lost trust in my decisions. And I am fucking tired of it.

It is time for change. While these things have been hard and will ultimately affect who I am as a person, I have been existing in this narrow unhappy, anxiety-ridden world, afraid of what comes next, scared of moving forward, too bogged down in the shit that has already passed for far too long.

No more. I say enough.

I know the struggle does not end with this simple affirmation. I realize that changes are necessary, sacrifices may happen, and stumbling blocks are on the road ahead, but it is the first step on the journey to reclaim who I am and maybe make some improvements along the way.

You only get one lap around the pool, you know?

Ok, enough of this new age crap. Just so you know, the next post is about cupcakes! Because cupcakes are just as uplifting as a unicorn crappin' skittles! Am I right or am I right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment