Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Hate Sandra Lee.

Sandra Lee of Semi-Homemade, that is. That ridiculous television shows that basically encourages Americans to eat even more processed food by buying a ton of pre-packaged items to make "semi-homemade" meals. It's either homemade or it's not, people!

But as much as it pains me to say it, the cupcakes for my birthday were semi-homemade. Bllleeehhhh! They're from a boxed cake mix, but made to be reduced fat and dressed up a bit with raspberry jam.

Whatever, Sandra Lee, whatever.

Argh! Mini cupcake monster!

Mini Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes

Ingredients
1 box lemon cake mix
3/4 c Egg Beaters
1/3 c. apple sauce
1 c. water
1 jar reduced sugar raspberry jam (used Trader Joe's organic)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add first four ingredients and beat mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes.
3. Spoon into each cupcake cup a half teaspoon or so of cake mix.
4. Spoon into each cupcake cup a quarter teaspoon or so of raspberry jam.
5. Fill the rest of the cupcake cup with batter.
6. Bake for about 20 - 22 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are golden and the tops spring back when touched.

I know today is  Dad's Day, but I didn't want to be a liar and not give you an uplifting cupcake post as I had promised! A post about my dad is on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment