But as much as it pains me to say it, the cupcakes for my birthday were semi-homemade. Bllleeehhhh! They're from a boxed cake mix, but made to be reduced fat and dressed up a bit with raspberry jam.
Whatever, Sandra Lee, whatever.
|Argh! Mini cupcake monster!|
Mini Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
1 box lemon cake mix
3/4 c Egg Beaters
1/3 c. apple sauce
1 c. water
1 jar reduced sugar raspberry jam (used Trader Joe's organic)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add first four ingredients and beat mixture until smooth, about 2 minutes.
3. Spoon into each cupcake cup a half teaspoon or so of cake mix.
4. Spoon into each cupcake cup a quarter teaspoon or so of raspberry jam.
5. Fill the rest of the cupcake cup with batter.
6. Bake for about 20 - 22 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are golden and the tops spring back when touched.
I know today is Dad's Day, but I didn't want to be a liar and not give you an uplifting cupcake post as I had promised! A post about my dad is on the horizon!