Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Just Farted.

It was a year ago today that I was getting Jerry drunk and forcing him to come home with me. Or this is what Jerry has deluded himself into believing.

To say this past year has been a challenging one is an understatement. I like to think that all we have gone through is only making us stronger, helping us build a sturdier foundation for the future.

I am incredibly lucky to have a person in my life who has (almost) the right combination of douchebag and sweetheart. At times, the former may outweigh the latter.

My dear, thank you for...
your patience as I test it often,
making the inappropriate joke no matter what situation we are in,
for always being there when I need you, 
finding my hand in savasana pose at the end of yoga class,
singing your answers long after the rule ends,
working through the hard times to make it to good ones,
and for making me smile on a regular basis, even if you aren't always able to see it.

In this past year, our lives have unfolded in ways we never could have predicted.

I couldn't have come through it without you.




No comments:

Post a Comment