Thursday, June 9, 2011

Killin' Me!

The List!


The night before my party, I had a whole plan. Which I actually typed up and printed out! It was the plan to keep me organized! To make sure every thing I wanted to get done actually did while not having a massive panic attack while doing it. 

The night before, I had given make self the tasks of going food shopping, cleaning the apartment, making two of the dishes, and putting wine in the fridge. Yes, wine in the fridge was on the list. It is just one of those things you forget until every one is drinking warm white wine and the party is JUST RUINED! RUINED, I tell you! 

One of the dishes I was planning on making was Yum Sauce. I saw this recipe on Peas and Thank You, a vegan blog that has assorted stories and recipes by a mother of two (who is quite funny). I believe she refers to this sauce as Mmm Sauce. It is a pretty straightforward recipe. Throw a bunch of shit in a food processor and viola! Yum sauce. 

But oh no, it couldn't be that easy! The first time I turned on the food processor on, I forgotten to put in the top attachment thingy for the lid (that is its technical name) and splattered my kitchen with a mixture of oil, water, and half processed chickpeas. Stupid! 

Okay, let's try this again. Nope, the top did not line up right with the bowl and continued to splatter my kitchen. What's more frustrating then a broken food processor? Three broken food processors! Why do I have three food processors? It doesn't matter! I don't judge your weird collections!

By the time I actually finished making this recipe, I had thoroughly wiped down my kitchen four times and then proceeded to wash an entire jar filled with cooking utensils that were causalities in the Great Yum Sauce War.  Oh, and three stupid food processors!

Everybody had better loved that friggin' Yum Sauce and God helps anyone who wants to say they didn't! Grrr, Jerry!

Yum Sauce
Taken from Peas and Thank You

Ingredients
1/4 c. canola oil (or oil of your choice)
1/4 c. almonds
1/3 c. water
1/4 c. chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 c. nutritional yeast
2 1/2 T. lemon juice
1 t. minced garlic
1/4 t. salt
3/4 t. curry powder
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. dried cilantro



Method
1. In a food processor ::grumble, grumble::, combine the oil, almonds, water, and chickpeas. Process until smooth.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment