Friday, June 24, 2011

What if the Float Exploded?!?!

Lisa is my older sister. We're actually in Puerto Rico right now, celebrating her birthday! To say we are close is an understatement.

Growing up, she was always bigger then me. So my only defense against her when we were fighting was to throw myself on the ground and start kicking. I would frantically flail my legs about until she eventually caught both of them or she gave up trying. Thankfully, I haven’t had to use that tactic in quite some time.

Being 5 years apart, there was a time during childhood where the age difference was quite clear. Lisa has these delusions that I was a pain in the ass as a kid. I know! Like I could have ever been a pain in the ass?! As the years have passed, the age difference has faded more and more. And while it is still clear from time to time who the mom figure is out of the two of us, our relationship certainly has changed.

She is my constant. The person I can call like a stalker and not feel bad, who I can make stupid jokes to, look ridiculous in front of, cry whenever I need to, my go-to person. She is the one of the only people in my life who I talk to every day ON THE PHONE (which I almost never do!). She is stronger then she thinks she is, a little crazy, and has one of the best sense of humors of anyone I have ever met. My sister keeps me strong, keeps me laughing, and, at times, keeps me from slapping obnoxious drunk chicks at bars.

She is my best friend and I could not picture my life without her. Even when I want to push her out of a kayak. :) (Too soon, Lee?)

Happy Birthday Lisa. Love you.

She'll be reading this post while laying a sandy, sunny beach in PR. Jealous? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment