Sunday, May 6, 2012

Too Fat for My Fat Pants

It seems like only yesterday I was blogging about my 21-day detox challenge and BodyRock workouts!

Oh my, how quickly things do change!

Between my goodbye party, TAP Festival, and the upcoming (now happening) move, even my fat pants, which are designated wear for when one feels fat, are too tight! You know you's gots some problems when you're too fat for your fat pants!!!

Lately, my diet and exercise regime have been in the toilet while the numbers on the scale are slowly creeping up and my clothes are getting tighter. As I've admitted mentioned before, my self-image is definitely affect by my weight. Having a few extra pounds fucks with my self-esteem in a way that nothing else can.

Between juggling personal and professional responsibilities and preparing for some significant life changes, I have definitely been burning the candles at both ends. And feeling pretty low about it. I feel guilty for overeating, not exercising, being more lax about my diabetes care then I want to be, blah, blah, blah. You have heard it all before.


With an upcoming endocrinologist appointment in June, I need to get my ass back on track. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to muster up the motivation, but I know I have to. What better what to start then to make a list. A goals list to be precise! Here it goes.....

Goal #1 - Lose 5 pounds by June 2 (my birfday!)
Goal #2 - Begin daily food journaling
Goal #3 - Go to the gym at least 4 to 5 times a week
Goal #4 - Begin using trend features for my insulin pump and blood glucose tester for improved control - a post to come on this goal soon!

The move is happening this weekend....dundunda....which will, hopefully, bring my life back into some kind of order. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment