Monday, May 14, 2012

Mama's Day

Have I ever mentioned how awesome my mom is?

Have we ever discussed her Mary Poppins-esque existence?

It's hard to believe, but it has been a while since I talked about how amazing my mother is. She's so amazing in fact that some lunatic suggested making brunch for Mother's Day the day after moving into her new apartment. Crazy person!

But you would do it too if you had a mom like mine.

I recently mentioned my realization that I am, in fact, my mother's daughter. I realize it more and more every day. While I still have traces of my father, I recognize that my compassion, strength, and humor all come from my mother. So does my neuroticism about cooking and cleaning, but hey, I'll take the good with the bad.

Love you, Mama. I'm thankful for you every day.

Mary Poppins-Inspired Brunch Menu

Booze
Mango Bellini -- courtesy of Lisa

Mains
Blueberry Pecan Baked French Toast -- courtesy of Lisa
Goat Cheese and Herb Frittata
Diner-style Home Fries
Roasted Chickpea and Beet Salad
Breakfast Sausage

Dessert
Apple-Brie Pastry Tarts -- courtesy of Lisa
Peanut Butter Chocolate Muff Cakes (name courtesy of Jerry)


Best dish on the table

Needed more goat cheese, but it looks pretty

Homefries

Roasted Chickpea and Beet Salad

Acts like a cupcake....taste like a muffin
Recipes to come! They all needed some improving upon before posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment