Friday, May 18, 2012

The Move of the Century....

I'm writing this from home.
In Jersey.
Because that's where I live now. 

From the way I talked about this move, it definitely seemed like...

The Move of the Century!
The Move to Conquer All Moves!

While the whole process of moving is pretty dreadful, I allowed it to consume the last few weeks of my life! In fact, I feel like I stopped functioning as social member of society for a while, where the only thing I talked about was moving! And the cats...moving. Towards the end, I realized just how much stress I had been putting on myself and how it was really wearing me down. Now that it's over, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted. I'm feeling better, getting back to the gym, and eating a much better diet. Sleeping, on the other hand....well, we'll get to that.

For now, I know everyone's biggest concerns were our kitties!
Jackson, in his carrier, holding onto his Monkey for dear life.
For the first few days, we kept the kittes separated, only allowing them to see each other through a crack in the bedroom door.When Jackson and Bilo met again, there was some hissing, a little growling, and maybe some spitting here and there. Luckily, there's been no couch-shitting or anal gland leaking going on.
Now, by day 7, they seem to be best buddies. In fact, they've decided to party in our bedroom well into the night. There's nothing like a blood-curdling battle cry at 3 AM with little paws racing over your sleeping body to get the adrenaline going!

Just chillin'
It's nice to see them getting along so well and it's such a relief. Especially for Jerry, who was a total drama queen about the whole thing, totally projecting all his anxieties onto the cats. Such a psycho!  :)

As for everything else, boxes are unpacked, but things aren't exactly "in place." We still have 7 end tables sitting in our living room...in case anyone needs one. It'll come with a free pound of barley if you're interested! We have about 7 of those too!

As for Jerry and I, so far, so good. It's only been a week, but it's nice coming home to him every night. I still expect some bumps in the road as we continue to make this transition in our lives, but so far, I'm liking how this feels. :) I can honestly say, without hesitation, I'm happy.

God, that feels nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment