Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let's Get Physical....

In my quest to be beach ready for our trip to Mexico, I have started the "Feel Better Naked" exercise plan. While I'd like to take credit for that cheesy name, it's actually a book produced by Women's Health Magazine that I took out of the library. Recently, I have been very turned off to magazines, in general, as I feel that they're just 100 pages of pure advertisement. Like I can't really trust anything they say or suggest since someone is paying them to say or suggest it.

Paranoid New Yorker? Maybe.

However, after looking through the Feel Better Naked book, I realized it wasn't that bad. At least the exercises. I just skip the chapters about what beauty products are great for my skin and what's going to keep my man happy in the sack. Don't you worry Feel Better Naked book. I've got it under control! :)

Anyway, the workouts suggested are a series of two different strength workouts combined with one metabolic workout, which actually has been kicking my ass a little. It's something simple and easy that I can do at home. I thought I'd share.

Feel Better Naked Metabolic Workout - Week 1

This is a circuit workout, meaning each exercise is done one right after another with a 30 second break in between. Do each exercise for 30 seconds and then rest of 30 seconds. Complete the whole circuit 6 times for a total of 24 minutes.
  • Squat Jumps - or just squats with light weights
  • Plank to Push-up - starting on your elbows in plank position, straighten each arm until you are in push-up position. Drop each elbow, one at a time, to get back to starting position. Then repeat.
  • Stationary Lunges - you can also use weights
  • Jumping Roping - or just jumping in place like I did since I kept whipping myself like Kunta Kenta each time the rope got caught on the rug.
I use an online timer to help me keep track of the 30 second intervals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment