Me: What do you want for breakfast?
Jerry: I don't know. What do you want for breakfast?
Me: I don't know.
Jerry: How about some oatmeal?
Me: No, definitely not oatmeal. Oatmeal's okay for my regular weekday breakfast, but NOT my special weekend morning breakfast. How about some muffins?
Jerry: I don't like muffins. (Liar) How about....?
On and on, until someone either agrees to the other's breakfast choice OR we just make separate breakfasts. One morning, I announced that I really wanted to make Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. I didn't care that Jerry doesn't like muffins (Liar). I wanted to make them.
Then, Jerry suggested something amazing! Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes (made with oat flour)! The muffin versus oatmeal dilemma was solved.
Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes
Keywords: breakfast oats zucchini
Ingredients (9 - 10 pancakes)
- 1/2 c oat flour (or use all whole wheat flour)
- 3/4 c whole wheat pastry flours
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used Sucanat)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 c shredded zucchini
- 1/2 to 2/3 c milk, depending on consistency
- 1/3 c chocolate chips, optional
1. Mix all the dry ingredients until well combined.
2. Add liquid ingredients, including zucchini. You can add chocolate chips to the batter or put them on top of the pancakes when done.
3. Heat a pan over medium high heat.
4. Using a 1/4 cup measurement, pour pancake batter onto the pan. Flip pancake when you start seeing bubbles rise to the top. Cook until golden brown.
Powered by Recipage