Friday, August 10, 2012

Almight Chickpea, Part 3

Had I realized in my initial post about chickpeas, where I compared myself to that of a Native American using all the parts of the animal, that I was instructing Jerry to soak 2 1/2 POUNDS of chickpeas, I would not have been so liberal in my language use. TWO AND HALF POUNDS of chickpeas has got to be the equivalent of three water buffalo in Native American terms!

My apologies to any Native Americans I may be offending....that happen to be reading my blog. Please don't skin me. :) No, no, I'm just kidding. Geez, you have your land pilfered while genocide to your people occur and you lose your funny bone!

Anyway, back to my "water buffalo." With a pledge to use every chickpea and plenty of recipes to use them in, I set out to create yet another interesting dessert using the Almighty Chickpea. I'm lovin' this "put beans in your dessert" thing we've go going on here. It just feels healthier to me for some reason.

Never mind that I probably wouldn't have made a dessert if I hadn't made TWO AND HALF POUNDS of chickpeas, but whatever.

On that note, I give you the Snickerdoodle Blondie.

Snickerdoodle Blondie

by Bonnie Graham
Keywords: bake food processor dessert breakfast low-carb beans cinnamon




Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
  • 3 T nut butter
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • heaping 1/8 tsp salt
  • 5 packets of Truvia (or 3/4 cup brown sugar)
  • 1 T unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
  • 2 and 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • a pinch cream of tartar
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend all ingredients until very smooth, and scoop into a greased 4 greased ramekins
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Blondies will seem slightly undercooked when you take them out, because they’ll firm up as they cool.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment