Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dirty Veggies, Part 1

With reusable, eco-friendly bags in hand and a $10 budget, I make my way to the White Plains Farmer's Market each Wednesday. Have I mentioned my recent obsession with the farmer's market?

Oh, I haven't...well then.

I'm soooo in love with my farmer's market. In fact, I'm so smitten that I've decided that you need to be too! With that, I'm going to be posting a weekly installment of all my fresh veg buys as a way of maybe convincing you to go and check out your local market too!


This week's rundown:
1 bunch fresh carrots - $1.75
1 bunch radishes - $1
1 bunch cilantro - $1.50 (so fragrant)
1 bunch parsley - $1
1 head green leaf lettuce - $1.25
5 vine-ripened tomatoes - $3.75 (my splurge)
garlic scape - $.60
Total: $10.85....just $.85 over budget, not too shabby. 

At one point or another, all those veggies will be in my salad...and then in my belly! I have something wonderfully delicious in store for you with the cilantro and parsley.

Aren't you excited?!

No comments:

Post a Comment