Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Breaking Down

Shockingly, this isn't a post on the status of my mental health. It's about my resolve.

Remember that rather impassioned lecture I gave you on bananas not growing in the US, but in some third world nation where entitled gringos snapped pictures of the day laborers as they placed our Dole products into bags for shipment? How disturbed I was by the whole scene?

Yeah....well....I'm a total hypocrite. I have been knocked off my high horse.

But at least I can admit it.

Due to my recent obsession with Pinterest (if you don't know you MUST try it) and all of my vegan blogs, the call of banana usage was reinstated. So many recipes use bananas as an alternative way of sweetening a variety of baked goods without adding any other sugar. Plus, bananas are a great source of potassium and other vitamins & minerals. AND with the warm weather here, my craving for all things ice cream is kicked up 10,000 notches. Bananas have been able to provide a nice frozen treat alternative without ruining my blood sugar.

Does it sound like I'm making excuses? Like I'm trying to convince you why it's okay that I'm buying bananas again? Trying to sway you into thinking that I'm NOT a hypocrite?

Well, you'd right.

But maybe I can distracted you with THIS:


Yogurt pops just don't photograph well.

Peanut Butter Banana Greek Yogurt Pops

Ingredients (Depends on your popsicle mold)
  • 1 1/2 c nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1 large, ripe banana
  • 2 - 3 tbsp honey
  • 2 - 3 tbsp peanut butter
  • Popsicle molds
Instructions
1. Mash bananas in a large bowl to your preferred consistency. I left a few chunks in mine.
2. Add Greek yogurt and honey. Stir well to combine.
3. Swirl peanut butter through yogurt mixture, trying not to combine too much that there are still swirls of peanut butter running throughout your popsicles.
4. Fill your popsicle molds. Freeze until solid.
5. To remove your popsicles, run the mold under hot water for 5 - 10 seconds or until pop slides out. Enjoy.
Powered by Recipage



God, you're so easy. Look at how I distracted you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment