Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Beans, Bean, Good for Your Heart....

....the rest of that line doesn't really apply to me. Farting is not my thing. Though I am mighty open about sharing my crapping habits! Every day. 9:30 AM. Like clockwork!

Beans and I are good friends. I love to eat them, as I do most of my good friends. Weird. They're a complex carb with lots of fiber who are nice to my blood sugar. While I still need to take insulin for them, they do good things for my sugar, heart, and digestive track!

Now that I've open this post with TMI (Too Much Information, Mom), let me share with you a recipe I prepared for our Halloween soiree. Yes, soiree! I'm trying to class it up here after all the poopin' talk!


Rosemary-White Bean Dip

Ingredients
1 - 2 garlic cloves, depending on your taste. This is raw garlic and can be rather potent.
1 can cannelli beans, drained
1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 c olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Method
1. In a food processor, process garlic cloves until the pieces stick to the side of the processor. Scrape down.
2. Add all ingredients through cannelli beans to lemon juice. Turn process on.
3. Slowly add olive oil and puree until desired consistency is reached. You may want to use a little more olive oil if you're looking for a thinner dip. Serve with cut veggies and pita chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment