Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

To my loser pancreas!

It has been a full year of diagnosis and I survived! All toes and limbs are accounted for!

It's actually amazing to think how far I have come in just one year. Thinking back to those first few months, I would cry at the thought of injecting myself, flinch when I had to test my blood sugar, and beat myself up for not being "a good diabetic" (though, truth be told, I still sometimes do that).

In this year, "Wow, I'm really high!" has taken on a whole new meaning in my life. I have brought the beeper (aka insulin pump) back into fashion. I have eaten my weight in baby carrots (b/c they won't raise my blood sugar). And I learned what awesome friends and family I have. I couldn't have gotten through this year without all their love and support.

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment