Monday, June 10, 2013

Hey, Hello there....

Hey friends,

It's been a while since my last post. Were you worried that I had been arrested at the airport, violently clutching onto my Brooklyn Bagels, screaming that they could take my life, but never take my bagels?! Luckily, the TSA agents and I did not come to blows. In fact, I feel like I made it to second base with the lovely older woman who frisked me at the Denver International Airport when I refused to go through the 3D scanner. I offered to buy her dinner afterwards.

I have returned home from my trip in desperate need of some water, rest and blood sugar regulation. My blood sugar has been quite screwy lately. I believe "screwy" is a clinical term. I feel like I have not been able to get out of the 200 and 300's no matter how hard I try. I'm not sure if it's coming back down from vacation-mode, another Bad Insulin Debacle, or if I throw caution to the wind as soon as my pasty legs are able to see the sun again.

Here's an interesting diabetes fact. Usually, in the summer, insulin needs are lessened. Whether it's due to increase in heat, in general activity due to nicer weather, or just the bodies need for less, generally, most diabetics will need less insulin. It seems, for me, however, that I am an anomaly. It seems that I struggled with blood sugar control at this time last year too. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm definitely trying to get back on track with regulating my blood sugar, eating a healthier diet, and exercising more regularly.

You should start looking forward to new recipes and the start of my ever-popular (at least in my own mind) weekly farmer's market roundup! Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment