Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sucker

I'm going to share something deep and personal with you.

I hate to admit it, but I'm a sucker for Valentine's Day.

Not in that lovey-dovey way, but more in that I love all things red, with hearts, and who doesn't love chocolate. Am I right or am I right? This love would explain why I have a gigantic container of Valentine's Day themed sprinkles taunting me from my cabinet. Sprinkles with cute little pink, red, and white hearts.

I feel like I'm exposing my soul to you! We're so connected.

With a recent snow day past and a great need to use these pretty little sprinkles, what else does one do but make some cupcakes! These are easy cupcakes to make and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now, but have a little bit of a strange ingredient. Don't worry, it's not beans. It's mayo! I know, weird, right? But it totally works. I swear.


Chocolate Valentine's Day Cupcakes

by Bonnie Graham
Keywords: bake dessert cake
Ingredients (6 cupcakes)
  • 1/2 c all-purpose flour
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c sugar (I used stevia)
  • 1/4 c low-fat, all-natural mayo
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 c plus 1 tbsp water
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and place 6 cupcake liners inside a muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients and sift very well.
3. Making a well in the dry ingredients, combine remaining three ingredients and whisk until the mayo is completely smooth. Now mix wet into dry and stir until just combined.
4. Immediately divide among the cupcake liners.
5. Bake 21 minutes, then let sit 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Store in the fridge. Use your favorite icing and top with your favorite colored heart sprinkles!
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment