Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Big Dreams....

On days when I'm really distracted (and hungry), I'll plan out meals in my head. I create menus filled with hors d'oeuvres, multiple courses and fancy drinks. I know! I live a wild and crazy life! 

One day, when I grow up, I plan on hosting all my friends for a brunch at my house in the country with my trophy husband and beautiful children. And when that day comes, this is a recipe that I'll make! Which probably isn't true because I would have already made a hundred better pretend recipes in my head and discount this one.
   
This recipe is really quite versatile. It is a pancake-y, crepe-y fruit tart. The great thing about this recipe is that it's elegant looking, you can use any fruit you want, and (if you're actually able to pronounce the name) sound fancy! I had some New York State grown peaches that I wanted to use before they go bad, hence why this is a Cinnamon White Peach Clafouti.

I reduced the amount of sugar in this recipe, but you can add more if you prefer. It's only 30 grams of carbs per serving, which is pretty good for a desserty dish!

I couldn't resist a slice before cutting. Fat kid.

Cinnamon White Peach Clafouti

by Bonnie Graham
Keywords: bake dessert peaches


Ingredients
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 4 packets Truvia or 1/4 c sugar
  • 3/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 c milk
  • 1 tbsp melted margarine or butter
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 ripe white peaches
Instructions
1. Lightly beat eggs and sugar together. Add the milk and slowly incorporate the melted butter.
2. Slowly add your flour and salt. You don't want to overmix the batter as you want it to be light and airy.
3. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, preheat overn to 350 degrees.
5. Slice and core your peaches (or whatever fruit you are using).
6. Place pears in a greased pie pan and pour the batter on top of the fruit. Some of the fruit will float to the top while baking so don't worry too much about how you scatter them.
7. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until clafouti is set and slightly browned on top
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment