Try saying that three times fast.
Since I've been on this "Make Everything Myself" trip, granola bars have been at the top of my list. My goal is to try to make one that replaces my favorite Kashi Peanutty Dark Chocolate Granola Bars. Those might take a while though, so these Banana Bread Bars are the next best thing. These bar are almost an exact replica of Oh She Glow's Banana Bread Protein Bars, with just a few changes to make them a little less fat heavy (even if they're good fats).
They are definitely a hardy bar! Great for eating as I ride 40 miles in this weekend's 5 Boro Bike Tour. Weeeeeee!
Banana Bread Bars
Keywords: bake snack oats nuts peanut butter bananas
Ingredients (8 - 10 bars)
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 small-medium)
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8-inch square pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper, one going each way.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
3. Mash bananas until smooth and measure out 3/4 cup. Stir together the banana and all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well until combined. The dough should be very sticky.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pan. Press batter down to spread it out evenly with wet your hands lightly
6. Bake at 350F for 22-26 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the bread is firm to touch. Cool in the pan completelybefore removing and slicing into bars.
Powered by Recipage