Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ricotta: Not Just for Lasagna

I'm doing it, people.

I am single-handedly changing the food profile for ricotta cheese. Yes, me. I. This gal right here.

I am breaking you out of your "ricotta is only for lasagna" boxes! I am freeing you from the constrictions of "ricotta is only stuff shells!" I am giving ricotta to you as a....wait for it....dessert!

You can totally thank me later.

Wait. What? What did you say? That you've had ricotta cheesecake. And cannolis, where ricotta is the main filling.

Couldn't you just let me know have my moment?



Cinnamon Ricotta Cream with Maserated Strawberries

by Bonnie Graham
Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus berries
Keywords: dessert strawberries cinnamon
Ingredients (4 servings)
  • 1 1/2 c homemade or store-bought ricotta cheese (homemade recipe to come!)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 - 4 tbsp milk, depending on desired consistency
  • 2 - 3 tbsp honey, depending on your taste
  • zest of 1 orange, optional
  • 3 - 4 tbsp chocolate chips
  • pinch salt
Maserated Berries
  • 2 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1 tbsp sweetener of your choice
Instructions
1. Clean and slice your strawberries. Place in a container with sweetener of choice and toss thoroughly. Allow berries to sit for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Add all ingredients for ricotta to a food processor, starting with the least amount of liquid to start. Taste and add milk/honey as you go until you reached your desired consistency and sweetness.
3. Top ricotta with maserated berries and chocolate chips!
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment