Doesn't that sound amazing? With the exception of the healthy part. Which only sounds amazing to me.
I had to Plan B it and turn those glorious waffles into pancakes. The disappointment of no waffle maker and just pancakes subsided a bit when I realized that there was real maple syrup. Can we say fat kid? Usually, I don't let myself have real maple syrup for the obvious pancreatic reasons, but I figured since I lost out on the waffles, I could go for the syrup.
And, yes, I realize that the pancakes are just waffles in a different form! What are you, the Pancake Police?
Let me enjoy my should-be waffle pancakes and syrup!
"Should-Be Waffles" Carrot Cake Pancakes
Keywords: breakfast carrots
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1/3 c)
- 2/3 cup milk or water (more or less may be needed based on desired consistency)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir well.
2. Add shredded carrot and liquid ingredients. Mix well.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
4. Grease pan and drop 1/3 c amounts of batter into the pan. Flip when sides firm up slightly or if the tops start to bubble.
5. Flip and cook for 30 - 60 seconds on the opposite side.
6. Remove to plate and enjoy with toppings of your choice!
Powered by Recipage