Monday, December 5, 2011

Hell Week

I am bracing myself for the week ahead! 

Lists have been made. Schedules have been arranged. The apartment has been cleaned. A week's worth of meals have been prepared. I had to stop myself from laying out all of my clothes! Thank goodness I still have those underwear with the days of the week on them!

This Friday, I am coordinating a half-day conference for professionals that has been several months of hard work in the making. Organizing a conference has been a professional goal for the last three years. While I'm expecting this to be tough work week on top of an already insane work load, I feel proud to finally accomplish it!

With that said, a girl's got to eat! 

I know I'm not going to have a lot of time (or motivation) to come home after a long day and make myself dinner. In preparing for this week, I decided to make several meals ahead of time. While they are all delicious now, I'm sure by the time Thursday rolls around, I'll never want to eat them again! Until then, let's eat!

Recipes Prepared:
Reversed Apple Crumble
Millet-Veggie Bake
Sweet Potato, Mushroom, & Farro Soup
Oyster Mushrooms, Rockefeller-style

Recipe for you now:


Photo credit to E. Gordon!

Sweet Potato, Mushroom, & Farro Soup

Ingredients
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 pad butter
1 very large sweet potato, diced
1 8 oz container cremini mushrooms, sliced
3 cups vegetable broth, plus more for adding
1/2 c farro
salt and pepper

Method
1. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and thyme. Saute for several minutes. 
2. Add the butter and sweet potato. Cook for several more minutes. Salt and pepper.
3. Add mushrooms. Cook for several more minutes. 
4. Add veggie broth and farro. Let soup simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until farro is cooked through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment