Monday, April 4, 2011

It's a Boy!

Nope, not pregnant.  My mom just felt a split second of panic and the need to throw up, but wasn't sure why. 

I'm actually just referring to my pancreas. Yes, my pancreas! He has a gender. And, apparently, it's a boy!
 
Generally, one does not often refer to an internal organ at all, unless it's to indicate some kind of pain or discomfort. Because, really, when was the last time you talked about your kidneys just for fun? 

Imagine my surprise when discussing my honeymoon period with my Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) and I said "So, he'll just to decide to stop working altogether one day?" I paused and continued with "Not sure why my pancreas is a man, but I'll go with it." The CDE chuckled. But I couldn't stop there. I followed with "Maybe it's because he's refusing to work! Har har" -- Badabump! Thank you, thank you very much! I'll be here all week. Try the veal!

Point of the story (besides sharing the worst joke that I have ever told!), my CDE continues to think I'm insane and that my pancreas is a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment