Thursday, April 7, 2011

Food Rut

Every once in a while, I'll find myself in a food rut! Where I am eating the same uninspired fare, day after day. I know I'm in a food rut when the thought of eating another baby carrot makes me want to punch myself in the face! I'm all filled up on oatmeal and veggie burgers, especially since my beloved eggplant costs the same as gold! I was in need of some foodie inspiration and I found it at Whole Foods!

As I was searching through the prepared food aisle, looking for lunch, I came across their new salad shakers. Basically, it's a bunch of grains and veggies thrown into a container to later be shook up with salad dressing. I bought the Asian one, which had quinoa, barley, wheat berries, zucchini, tomatoes, edamame, and other mixed veggies. The dressing was a carrot-ginger dressing.

I hadn't even eaten it before deciding that this was going to be my next lunch creation! The combinations are endless!  You can do Mexican, Indian, Greek, Italian, Thai! Can you tell by my listing how excited I am? It's like a Super Walmart is moving into town!!!

For this week, my salad shaker was Mexican inspired. It included quinoa, farro, black beans, peppers, cilantro, tomatoes, and a few other things thrown in. However, it is the dressing that makes this! This is my all-time favorite dressing! I could drink this shit if no one was watching!

Cilantro Lime Dressing

Ingredients
1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
1 garlic clove
2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobe sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 - 3/4 cup canola oil
1 cup cilantro


Method
1. Add vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chilies, honey, and salt into a blender. Blend together.
2. Slowly add canola oil to running blender until dressing is emulsified.
3. Add cilantro to blend and pulse until cilantro is desired size.

Go make this dressing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment