Whether it's just been a chaotic schedule, too many social gatherings, or just plain laziness, it hasn't happened.
Last week I thought, "This week is the week!" I had even prepared one of the main dishes for Week 1 of the detox, Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew. I was all excited to drink smoothies for breakfast and only veggies for the rest of my meal. Yes, it was going to happen!
Until it didn't. Wompwomp
I did manage to use up most of my red lentils (which I never thought would happen) and get a week's worth of healthy lunch out of the deal.
But I'm telling you. It will happen. This detox will happen.
Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew
Keywords: soup/stew sweet potato red lentils
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 2 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 diced large onion
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 c rinsed red lentils
- 6 c broth
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook cumin, turmeric and curry powder until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add onion with a few pinches salt, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 6 minutes.
3. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes.
4. Add sweet potatoes and bell pepper and cook 6 -7 minute.
5. Add lentils and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cilantro before serving.
Powered by Recipage