Whenever I've tried to veer from this, I find myself feeling unsatisfied. Like something was just missing from my day. Obviously, this salad recipe isn't a revelation of ingredients (chickpeas, cucumbers, olives, oh my!), but the dressing....the dressing makes it. It's super simple and delicious.
Greek-Inspired Barley and Chickpea Salad with Tzatziki Dressing
Keywords: salad chickpeas grain olives
Ingredients (1 large lunchtime salad)
- 3/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lightly packed fresh parsley, torn into pieces
- 2 1/2 tbsp lightly packed fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups washed salad greens
- 1/4 c barley
- 1/3 c chickpeas
- 1/4 of a large cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped kalamata olives
- 5 - 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add all the ingredients of the dressing to a small blender or food processor. Blend until combine (just a few seconds).
2. Toss all salad ingredients together, adding salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss dressing with salad and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage