Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sit Down!

I've been sick all week.

But I wouldn't admit it.

Sure, I sounded like crap, coughed like a two-packs-a-day smoker, and ended each day with body aches. I've been struggling with this whateveryouwanttocallit since last Sunday.

But, again, I haven't been willing to admit that I am sick.

I've been going to work, going to yoga classes, cleaning my apartment, etc. etc. I have not allowed myself to just to sit the fuck down. However, at the end of each day, my body would force me to. It's made me realize how much I push myself to keep doing more, when really all I should have been doing was wrapping myself up in a blanket and going to bed early.

To add insult to injury, my blood sugar has been ridiculous! Numbers haven't been out of the 200s in days! It's very stressful. I know it's because I'm sick, but I'm starting to worry that my insulin has gone bad again. I just switched to a new vial a week ago. I'm hoping that's really not it.

Either way, I'm hoping shit gets back to normal quick. One day of sitting around is fine. But anymore then that and I'm pretty sure my head will explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment